SHARED DECISION-MAKING MIDDLE SCHOOL TEAM
The Middle School Shared Decision Making team is a group of Stakeholders who meet once a month to discuss issues or concerns. Ideally, this group should consist of parents, staff members, students and the Principal. If you are interested in becoming a member of the council, please contact the main office at school.
Middle School Shared Decision Making Team
Community Input Procedure
Community Input is extremely important to the mission ofthe Lansing Middle School Shared Decision Making Team.
The following procedure has been established for receiving Community Input.
1. Members of the community are invited to share their concerns with the Team at the
beginning of each meeting, between 6:30 p.m. and 6:45 p.m., in the Middle School library.
2. People wishing to address the Team are asked to call the Middle School office and
indicate they wish to be placed on the upcoming agenda or come to our meeting. If it is
not possible to attend a meeting, concerned community members may speak to one of the members of the Team or submit their concerns in writing.
3. All people wishing to address the Team will be asked to sign in as they arrive, stating name and subject to be addressed.
4. In order to hear as many concerns as possible, time limits may be imposed on
5. After the Community Input segment, speakers are invited to stay for the rest of the
6. We regret that we will not be able to give an answer immediately. In order for us to
respond in a responsible manner, the Team will discuss the manner in which the issue
will be dealt with later in the meeting. Some of the ways we may respond include, but are not limited to:
- place issue on agenda for future meeting
- refer issue to subcommittee
- redirect concern to appropriate person/agency
- seek more information
There are certain issues that we are not able to deal with, such as personnel, contractual matters and issues dealing with federal or state laws.
7. We will communicate our decision to you in a timely manner in writing.
We look forward to hearing from you!